The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) and CPS have announced testing procedures for the Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR). Test information from a previous blast has been add below this new information.
- ISBE requires that all districts and schools test at least 95% of eligible students.
- ISBE does not recognize a parent's right to opt a child out of required State student assessments.
- Failure to reach 95% threshold may out schools at risk for financial sanctions and or other punitive actions from ISBE
- CPS will be strictly enforcing their student refusal policy.
- Refusal is a student right but parents should be involved in any academic decisions. Parent written notification is welcome and may be presented by the student when they formally refuse on the day of the test.
- Students must be presented a testing ticket (online format) or test booklet (3rd grade paper format) for each daily test.
- Students who refuse to participate will work on a silent, self-guided activity.